Electrolytes Vs. Himalayan Salt For Hydration

We’ve been asked a lot about the difference between adding OmNourish Hydration Infusion versus Himalayan Sea Salt to your water for electrolyte replenishment.

Himalayan Sea Salt is mined from a hill system in the Punjab province of Pakistan, and has a broad-spectrum of trace minerals from nature. Minerals work together synergistically to support the absorption of water to cells, and help balance the Central Nervous System – making sea salt by far the superior choice of salt to have in your kitchen cupboard.

Indeed, there are also benefits to adding it to water to replenish salts lost during sweat, as Himalayan Sea Salt is usually 96-98% sodium chloride – an important element that your body needs.

Sodium is needed for:

  • Muscle contraction
  • Nerve impulses

Chloride helps balance:

  • pH levels
  • Hydration levels
  • Potassium regulation

However, because most people are already getting a high quantity of salt from their diet, you are much more likely to be short of other electrolytes and trace minerals, including potassium and magnesium, which both play really important roles in the body:

Potassium is the main ingredient that prevents cramping and twitches, while Magnesium is responsible for kick-starting no less than 300 metabolic reactions in the body.

While sea salt is 96-98% salt with the remaining 4% being trace minerals, OmNourish Hydration Infusion is only 4% sodium content and the other 96% is made of these key electrolytes, plus all the other trace minerals that our bodies crave to stay regulated and hydrated. Which is why we recommend using trace minerals and natural electrolytes for remineralizing your water on the regular, and turning to Himalayan Sea Salt for food seasoning.

Nourish Your Yoga with OmNourish.

Sign up to learn about how micro-nutrition can help reduce the risk of yoga injuries.

- Learn why hydration matters 

- Better tips for yoga recovery and injury reduction

- How Ayurvedic botanicals and CBD can help support greater mobility 

You have Successfully Subscribed!